Monday, November 6, 2017

Here Comes THE JUDGE

“Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let them not rejoice over me.” Psalm 35:24


Asking GOD to judge me is a mind boggling thought.  Especially if I’m going on my own merit.  However if I’m trusting the righteousness of CHRIST in my stead, I am perfectly content with the statement.“Judge me, O LORD my God”

Being in the will of GOD is what keeps the believer on the sure road to happiness.  Even though the believer is kept by the righteousness of the SON we are judged by GOD concerning the things we occupy ourselves with in our present state.  Making sure we are doing what GOD expects of us is of the greatest importance.  When we are in the will of GOD we can say as David did, “Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness”

Giving the LORD the final say on judgment assures us of perfect peace.  Taking things into our own hands brings swift defeat.  GOD only judges a righteous judgement and leaving it to Him instead of ourselves stops the mouths of fools. “let them not rejoice over me.”


My mind says judge.
My heart says no.
I want vengeance, 
But to GOD I’ll go.

I’ll let Him judge
And I’ll keep still.
I’ll do my part
And stay in His will!


“Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:” 1 Thessalonians 1:5-8



No comments: