Saturday, March 14, 2015

Legalistic or Dogmatic

It was suggested to me the other day that I was a legalistic in my Christian walk. I think because of my old fashioned Baptist way. I don’t mind being called a dogmatic person but I take exception to being called legalistic.

I really try never to give the wrong impression concerning clean Christian living. I’m not better than anyone, I’m simply a sinner saved by grace through the sacrifice of JESUS!

But to live by the principals of what we are taught in the Word of GOD is not legalism, it’s following the example of CHRIST! Not bending to liberalism and new theology is not legalism; it’s called taking a stand!

Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. Romans 6:13

It is never legalism to follow the writing of Paul in the above and below verses. But to be dogmatic concerning them is the only “acceptable” thing to do. It is only “reasonable” that the true believer should do their best to be made “instruments of righteousness” which GOD has called us to be!

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

No comments: