Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Jesus Tree



A few years ago we had some logging done on our property in Deer Park, Washington.  There were two very small and scrubby Tamaracks close together.  The logger tried to convince me to get ride of both of them but because I like this beautiful tree, and for that matter all trees, I decided to keep them both.

Today I and my faithful dog “Bug” went to now what is my son, Jonah’s property and I was taken back by the beautiful gold color of these now much bigger Tamaracks.  I’m thankful I hadn’t cut them down when we logged!   

As I looked at them I wondered what the Lord had to say to me through these trees. He began to touch my heart.  This is what I saw!

The tallest of the trees was straight and high, it seemed perfect!  I saw Jesus!
The smaller one that was crooked at the bottom and deformed, I saw me!
But what was so special was noticing how the “Jesus tree” was pulling the “me tree” toward Him!

“Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.” Matthew 12:33

No comments: